Monday, June 15, 2009

River's Edge Discussion Night




We had a great meeting tonight! We missed all of you who couldn't make it but hopefully you all can make it to the next one!

Mrs. Marie Bostwick was AMAZING! What an honor to have her call us on her own time and speak with us so openly about her writing and books! It was a pleasure to speak with her, and I am hoping to get a chance to make it out to Long Beach and meet her in a few months! If you were not at the meeting, but got a chance to read the book she'll be speaking at a quilt show in Long Beach and I'll post the info up here so if anyone would like to attend with me (I know Kami is going for the quilting aspect of it anyways, I'll trying to go so I can meet Marie) once I get more info on it!

Marie's daughter in law is also directing The First Wives Club in Balboa Park which she plugged for all of us listeners so if anyone is interested in attending the info is here

As promised, here is the recipe for the German dessert I made:
Rasberry Custard Kuchen


Also- Our new book will be The Host by Stephenie Meyer.


Don't let it intimidate you- it is a longer book, but its big print and although its slightly over 600 pages, a few of us have read her other series (Twilight) and were able to get through them very easily and quickly- so DO NOT BE SCARED or let the size of a book intimidate you! Give it a try and hey, if you don;t get through it all no biggie- no one will care- we are all mom's and totally understand! Right? Right!

Unlike the last book, you should be able to find this one literally anywhere! Possibly even strange places like gas stations or pharmacy! Just kidding- kinda. It really is everywhere because its hugely popular and has been on the NYTimes best sellers list since it came out! No joke- I found my copy at Marshalls for $10.99 Like I said- EVERYWHERE!

Colleen is so gracious to hostess us and our next meeting will be the first week in August. I'll put more info up as the date draws near and I firm things up with Colleen but that should give us all plenty of time. Happy reading all you wonderful ladies. Thank you all for enriching my life with your insight and perspective on literature! This is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment