Sunday, July 26, 2009

Long Beach Quilt Festival

Yesterday, my mom and I left at 7:21 am to head to Quilt in a Day to ride a charted bus up to the Long Beach Quilt Festival. Because of miscommunication between the store and the driver the bus showed up and hour and a half late. Why is this important? We were so anxious to get in we never did see the board to sign up to listen to Marie Botswick talk. I am sure that it was somewhere near the entrance, but the 450+ vendor booths selling quilting stuff was calling my name. I did find where she was signing books, and a lot of people were in the booth buying pre-signed copies of "A THREAD OF TRUTH". The two times I was there looking for her to say hi she was out seeing the show. I found out later that her talk started 20 minutes after we finally arrived.

I am really starting to enjoy this next book, it was a great choice Lyn. In honor of the meeting next week, I changed the blog background to reflect the Twighlight series also by Stephenie Meyer.

Kami

No comments:

Post a Comment